Sunday, October 28, 2012

Am I nesting?

Well this weekend has been one of deep cleaning and organizing. We originally thought that we would be receiving two children, which meant I had been keeping the office and upstairs spare bedroom semi empty/ some junk. Yesterday I started by cleaning all of the main living areas.. Which led me to realize it is time I cave and get a cleaning lady... Well actually I have wanted one for a while... It is Mr K who doesn't want someone in the house. I just haven't pushed the subject, but I now realize I REALLLLYY need help. I am trying to finish my MBA, adopt, work an active full time job and oh sleep somewhere in all that. I dont know how I am going to to keep up with everything.. Hence the cleaning help. It takes a full day to clean this house... Having someone take that over would really help me! So I have to make my sales pitch and give it to Mr K.

Anyway, then today.. Pulled everything out of both rooms started throwing stuff out and rearranging. Everything is now spotless and organized. We are going to leave the office an office and possible slash an upstairs play room. That means we are turning the upstairs bedroom into little Wentz's room. We decided not to go full fledged decorating overload until we get back from our first trip. Our strategy is one of it will give us something to do while we wait for that second trip and we are trying not to jinx anything...

I have to laugh at that second thought a bit.... Because we are buying other things all ready... It is like Christmas, the packages just keep showing up! We are slowing down a bit on the shopping as an unexpected additional charge dropped into the mix last week.... That was a bummer, but what do you do? It is just tough when you are cash flowing this process to get slapped with things like this. While it was in the contract (as a possible additional cost), we hadn't heard anything about it until a couple weeks after the referral... So I was spending it ;) lesson learned....Wont do that again! Any who, Daddy picked up a learning dog (it is super cute), baby monitor and a couple of SUPER CUTE outfits. We figured we can leave the clothes at the orphanage and they can keep them for the other children. We are so excited and anxiously awaiting for our trip...

1 comment:

  1. Keep Pushing the Cleaning Lady idea!!!! I will be taking the plunge after we get back with baby #3 because I can't take it any more. My feet stick to the floor in certain spots in the Kitchen - AUGH! and I know I will be a happier mommy with more time on my hands for having spent the money. I might even have time to bake cookies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete